Saturday, July 28, 2012

If supermodels can age, so can we!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this documentary by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders - About Face: The Supermodels, Then and Now.

A quote from  Isabella Rossellini, 60 had me nodding my head in agreement. “My social status has diminished ...as you grow older, you don’t count anymore.”

It's true. Sometimes I feel like I am just the Mum tagging along with my daughters, while they live their lives and I just support that life.

Ridiculous really because my girls are still very young, and I am guessing that the 'support act' feeling will only increase with time.

Although I was never a super-model (do dreams count?) I think these ladies who are 'past their prime' probably have a the best sense of what it is like to be overlooked for a younger model.

Isabella Rossellini is still one classy looking lady, and in my books that counts for so much more than a dewy complexion and flat abs.

Paulina Porizkova is still DIVINE!


And, Carmen Dell'Orefice is still my favourite!

PS. I think we now know why Kristen Stewart was looking so unwashed and haggard in the photo below.
* Pics of the lovely ladies are from Getty Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!