Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Am I over the fashion hill?

Is it true? Are fashion bloggers (or clothes wearers for that matter!) past their prime when they turn 35 as the folks at Lucky Style seem to believe? Read this and weep anyone who is soooo old that their sense of style no longer counts - http://heartifb.com/2012/07/10/personal-style-bloggers-expire-at-age-35/

I'm right behind  when she says her style now is better than it was in her 20s. I wish someone had tapped the 20-something me on my shoulder and told me the Princess Di look did NOT work for me.

But there is more too this than just whether or not someone can be in style in their "advanced years'' its about us still being worth seeing and hearing from.

I don't care if you like how I dress! Couldn't care two hoots! But I do care if you think I'm a person who shouldn't be seen at all.

I sometimes spend too much time thinking about whether or not I am dressing my age .. but then I think - Eff it! There is no stop watch that says you should limit yourself, let alone your wardrobe, at any age. So I boldly go forth and wear leopard print skinny jeans even though I am ... em hem ... past the age of 35.

My choices are mine and why should I have to make them based on the ideas of other people who think women past a certain age have no style.

So I have these 7 for all Mankind beauties flying to me as I type courtesy of the obliging people at Piper Lime... even thought they probably didn't have a Mum in her 40s in mind when they designed them. I think they will look great with a white shirt and will suit my work-from-home lifestyle to a T. I am not one to work in my pjs just because I am at home!



I don't think I'll be wearing floral jeans though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!