Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tartan times



Breakfast in Manly this morning with a good friend. This is why people pay so much to live in Sydney - the water, the sunshine, the food. What a beautiful way to start the day. These pelicans would have waddled right up and taken my croissant if I hadn't kept it closely guarded - look at them whispering about their plan to seize it! 


Remember a couple of years ago when flannel shirts and bogan couture was all the rage? I couldn't quite bring myself to embrace the faded tight jeans, ugg boots and flannel shirt look so I compromised and bought this scarf to add just the right amount of tartan.  It has served me well and carries out it's neck-warming duties nicely.

I also lust after some tartan jeans - I had a pair I bought at a market in Milan back in 1997 and they were very retro punk. I wore them all the time when I returned from my travels back to Melbourne, but somehow I lost track of them when I moved to the US several years later. And they really didn't have a California vibe so I didn't miss them. I do now though! I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not too old to wear tartan pants but I flip back and forwards on that. I suppose it all depends on what you wear with them.

There is always the danger that a tartan pants wearing person could veer into this unwanted territory ....


Hmmm ... no thanks. I think was going for a bit more of this ...


The beautiful Russian socialite Dasha Zhukova doesn't look like she's going to the golf course at all! I really love this look with the orange jumper and pops of white.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!