Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Feeling like a pumpkin

Pumpkin soup for dinner last night. It's the soup we have that heralds that staying home and staying warm thing that happens to everyone during winter. We also lit the living room fire for the first time this year - so it's officially cold in the evenings around here!

Look at the beautiful pumpkin colour. I have found myself feeling more and more affection towards the yellow/orange end of the colour spectrum.

I have a yellow cardigan that everyone comments on every time I wear it. It's a lovely cardi but it's the colour that gets people's attention. Yellow is such a bold statement but it's beautiful. I don't have anything orange in my wardrobe - apart from some orange jeans from Country Road that I haven't been brave enough to wear. They looked a lot less orange in the shop! I think I might have to change my fear of orange.




There was something fruity going on at the Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations' Costume Institute Gala in New York this month because both Ginnifer Goodwin and Kristin Bell wore beautiful orange dresses.


My online shopping mission to get some orange into my life unearthed these little treasures....



 The dress I dream about from Anthropologie.

A definite pop of colour from Piperlime.

Fabulous wedges from Anthropologie.

Orange for your fingers from Ruche.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the wonderful Anthropologie. I do so wish they would open a shop in Australia, if for no other reason than to admire the window displays. Pumpkin soup - reminds me that it is well and truly time to make this old chestnut. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - their windows are works of art. In fact I would move right in to any Anthropologie shop - they are all gorgeous inside.

    ReplyDelete

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!