Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stockpiling

For a couple of years now I have been stockpiling secondhand furniture and bits and pieces for the as yet unbuilt holiday house. On the weekend I found some very nice pieces to add to my growing collection at a second hand shop in Maitland. I can't remember the name of the address, sorry. I just made Hubby screech to a halt as we were driving through. Cue groans about how many pieces of 'junk' we already have. I've learnt to ignore him.. hee hee.

I love this box and this key. I am planning on sticking a sheet of glass over it and turning it into a cunning work of art, and using the lid in the same way. Have to find another key now.

I didn't buy any of these dishes but I love the look of them all together in their snowy white glory.

I bought four of these old school chairs. We already have dining table chairs so these will be occasional chairs to put in a bathroom or bedroom. I'll have to do a bit of work on them and may paint them. Is that sacrilegious?

I also bought this owl brooch which I put onto an old chain to let it dangle.

That's all I was allowed to buy, but as you can see from this shot it was hard to leave with just those items. The search for a gorgeous bookcase continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't keep it to yourself - share your thoughts!